Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why have you forsaken me?
Not to say you're my Savior but....
in a way, you were.
You were the last hope for my ideals and my faith.
My faith in people I mean...
My faith that a honest, faithful relationship could still exist in this day and age..
Cause everywhere I look, people act like they're only taking two steps
But they look for their destination endless steps away.
I pack for the the long trek and search along the trail for someone to team up with
But everyone I meet along the way is only going up a couple yards.
They're not equipped to go nearly as far...down this road I'm trying to reach.
But you...you looked like you had the right equipment to really go the distance.
But it appears I was wrong.
I'm beginning to believe that this road I travel is mine and mine alone.
I'll strap on my boots for the long road ahead.
And snap the backpack tight around my chest
and as I head for the hills through uncharted grounds
I know good and well the next trekker I see is going to catch my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment